Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Promise is a promise...

Don't you just love Horton? I have a love of elephants anyway and was taught that integrity and character really matter. So Horton Hears a Who! is probably my favorite Dr. Seuss book.

As I promised, here is my latest attempt at "art":

This first one is for a new technique challenge at Splitcoast. The challenge was to try "Japanese Stab Binding" It sounds dangerous, but it's really not. Actually it's quite simple!














The second one is for today's color combo challenge at Splitcoast. Colors to use are Kraft and Pomegranate, with an optional neutral. I like this combo so much I made 13 of these puppies! I just wish I could make better bows. I guess I need to review this video by Kristina Werner. She has a really fabulous blog. In fact, my blog wants to be just like her blog when it grows up!






2 comments:

Martie said...

Love both cards.......umm, but on the second when where it says "Let it Snow".....you need to add 'somewhere else'! LOL

You are very creative....wish I were as talented!

clew said...

Darling! Both of them! You have a real talent for cardmaking, sis. I really need to expand my vision beyond the frame of reference of scrapbook pages. You're inspiring me :)

P.S. I always loved Horton, too.

"We are here, we are here!"