Thursday, January 8, 2009

Get Better, Baby

Well yesterday was a toughie for my oldest. She had a headache when she woke up and was moving slower than usual. But she went to school. Around 11 am I got a call from the her saying she threw up but didn't know if she should come home or not. Well DUH!!! Of course I'm gonna go get her! The poor thing spent the rest of the day and evening in bed. She took lots of naps because, as she said, when she slept she wouldn't throw up. I think she slept from 1-5 pm.

On the bright side, I got a great workout going up and down the stairs - whew! And, she was finally able to get down 1/2 C of chicken noodle soup, 4 saltines, 1/2 banana, & some apple juice. YEAH! This morning she was feeling much better and wanated to go to school. Not sure if I'll let her go to gymnastics tonight. Illness doesn't get the same treatment when you're a competitive gymnast. It kinda gets put on the back burner. If your arm is broken you can still work legs, if your leg is hurt, you can still work upper body.

Anywho, I did throw together a quick Get Well card for her yesterday so I thought I'd share it with you. I stuck to soft understated colors that wouldn't overstimulate her senses. Normally she like bright neon colors.

Stamps: Doodle This (or maybe it's Doodle That - can't remember) by Stampin Up
Ink: Black Stazon (love the almond smell), Copics markers
Paper: Kraft & Aqua Mist by Papertrey Ink, dsp (Ginger?) by Stampin Up
Accessories: Vinyl Thickers

10 comments:

Jacquel said...

Cute card! I hope your daughter feels better soon...no fun being sick!!

Ellibelle said...

Hope your daughter feels better soon! That is no fun!

Your card is really gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Oh, how cute! You are a thoughtful Mom. I bet that made her feel better. Hopefully, she'll be back to herself soon!

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this card.....great work, I sure do hope you daughter is feeling better, I would luv for you to check out my blog if you have time! *~*

Darlene said...

Aawww ... poor child! Hope she's feeling better today! I'm sure your thoughtfulness of making this cute get better card helped lift her spirits!!

Sharon said...

Oh...that tummy bug is no fun! What a nice momma to make her a card.

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

Hope she feels better soon. Terrible to have a sick one. Like your card - I don't use that set enough anymore!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Cute card! Hope your daughter is all better! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the new B&W PTI paper; can't wait for the release. The paper I used for the blog candy alert is from s.e.i.

Amy Johnson said...

Hi Jody! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm just popping in to visit yours! I'm sorry your daughter got sick. Thats not fun. How sweet of you to make her a card though. Its so cute!

Kristine said...

What a lovely card!
Hope she's feeling better soon;)
Hugs