Tuesday, March 4, 2008

hello, just because

This is the card for today's color challenge at Splitcoast. We were to use Wild Wasasbi, Purely Pomegranate, and So Saffron.

I'll be the first to admit that I am red & green challenged. When I think of those colors, I think of Christmas first thing. I eventually think of a rose, which is how I ended up making this card.

Once again I fought my natural instincts to make a simple, graphic card and tried to make a card with lots of layers. I really admire so many of those types of cards. Some for this color challenge are this one from claudiafromgermany and this one from Marky's Mom. But nature took over and I ended up with this:

RECIPE:
Stamp: A Little Bit of Happiness
Paper: White Shimmer, So Saffron DP, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Versamark
Accessories, blender Pen, Black Embossing Powder, PP Double-stitched Ribbon, Bold Brights Brads, Love & Happiness Rub-ons

2 comments:

Martie said...

I really like it..........it's soooo attractive! And I like the 'just because' part! ;)

Kerilou said...

This is a really cute idea! I love how it turned out. Kerilou